The Epicuri Online Ordering widget is a pre-built piece of code that you can deploy to your own website. An example can be found here.
There are three options for installation:
- Hosted: This is the easiest one to implement, but means you cannot make any styling tweaks.
- Self-Hosted (Package)
- Self-Hosted (Build from source): web developer ninjas only!
How do I get the Widget on my Website?
Before You Start
You must ensure the following:
- Epicuri Account: Do you have an Epicuri account and are your menus are all set up in our system? If you have any issues please contact support.
- Secure Your Website: Your website is secured with SSL (i.e. your address begins with https rather than http) - this is a security requirement and is especially important when your customers are putting their credit card details in to pay for their orders. SSL is a requirement even if you do not want to accept credit card payments.
- Set up Stripe: (Optional) If you wish for your customers to pay via credit card, you will need to set up Stripe. Follow this link if you haven't already done so. If you will be only accepting cash or processing CC via your own provider then this step is not necessary.
- Ensure HTML Editing: You or your web developer will need to insert some code/folders into your website for the widget to work. Some providers, such as SquareSpace, require a higher subscription level to enable this. If for any reason you cannot do this, all is not lost - we can host your widget for you on our own Epicuri website (small fee applies). Please be aware that Epicuri cannot edit your websites for you, do not send us any username/password credentials!
Option 1: Hosted
Epicuri will put your online ordering widget on its own website and you can embed that into your own website with an <iframe> tag in your HTML. Note that your customer will not leave your own website to make the order. However your own website must be secured for payments to work properly (i.e. the URL starts with "https" rather than "http").
Simply ask Epicuri Support to build a link for you and then then you can add it to your own website.
Option 2: Ask Epicuri For your Package
We will prepare a zip file and send it to you via email. All you have to do is upload the folder to your website. The location is important; it must be in a folder that matches the pattern yourwebsite.com/online-ordering-open/XXX where XXX is your 6 digit restaurant ID. If you need to have it in a different location, please let us know and we can build a specific package for you.
Note that you will only need to do this once. You can change menus, items, prices, availability, etc within our own portal / app and the changes will be immediately reflected in the widget.
Option 3: Build From Source
If you have a web developer/company that manages your website, or you would like to make it look slightly different, we can give them access to the source code to make the required changes.
If you have any trouble with the above, please do not hesitate to contact support.