New server code and waiter app released 29/05/2015.
This exciting release introduces some new features, fixes and some adjustments to the user experience to help make things run faster!
- "Quick Seat"
We are happy to introduce another great time-saving feature. Click an empty table on your floorplan to quickly seat a party without having to maintain additional details. Party of 2? Get ready to take the order in just 2 clicks! Give it a go, or check out the waiter manual section 6.1.5 for details.
- "Create Party" box improved
There are now quick select buttons for the number in a party, much faster than dragging a scroller up and down. Defaults to party of 2 for convenience.
.... and even more trimming down of clicks!
We continue to look hard for where clicks can be removed, it's a careful balance between convenience and usability! In this release we have targetted a number of screens for improvement and so managed to reduce potentially 10 or so clicks from processing a typical seated session.
When moving to session detail screen, the ‘Orders’ section will open by default rather than 'Actions' (1 click removed)
When removing items from the orders tab, the top item is pre-selected (1 click removed)
- When browsing through the menu to add items to an order, when the category is chosen the groups will be shown as headers rather than collapsable/expandable groups. (3-8 clicks removed)
When bill request is pushed on sessions and on takeaways, the focus should move to the payments tab. This should also happen when adding a payment. (1 click removed)
When pushing cashup from simulate, the action should Cashup and dismiss at the same time. (1 click removed)
When selecting discounts, please default to % rather than monetary (1 click removed)
Show cashup list in descending date order (no dragging needed)
Takeaways for restaurants the screen should default to collection rather than delivery (1 click removed)
- On takeaways, when pressing ‘next’ from the screen with the initial data, it should take you directly to the order screen, not oblige to push ‘add items’ button again (1 click removed)
- On hub view, the context menu option for “Bar/Kitchen schedule” has been renamed to “Order Schedule”
- For MEWS connected restaurants, there is now the capability to charge tip/gratuity to rooms.
- Menu data now available for your website via API
Click here for more information
- Fixed a potential cause of printing crash
- A number of other general bugfixes and performance improvements.
Please raise any issues with email@example.com